High School Orchestra Information
Students interested in Concert Strings need to play the following for Mr. Burck on Monday, February 5th 3:30-5:30 pm in Still Orchestra room
1) Scales (See WVHS Page for fingerings)
Violin - 2-octave A Major & 3-octave G Major
Viola - 2-octave D Major & 3-octave C Major
Cello - 2-octave D Major & 3-octave C Major
Bass - 2-octave D Major & 2-octave G Major
2) An etude (See WVHS Page to download parts)
3) A solo of your choosing
Students interested in Concert Orchestra just sign up for the class and have fun in high school orchestra.
Students interested in Chamber Strings need to see information on WVHS page and prepare this audition in addition to the regular Freshman Concert Strings audition.
1) Submit a video to Mrs. Zalokar no later than January 12.
2) If video passes screening, You will also play a second audition on Tuesday, February 6 at WVHS 3:30-6:30 pm for the professional judges along with all other Chamber Strings auditionees..
ALL INCOMING FRESHMAN will play the following for Dr. Liu during class on Monday, January 29 at Still.
1) Play One 2-octave MAJOR scale of your choice. If you are taking private lessons and able to try 3 octaves, go for it!
2) Play "Come Back to Sorrento" from Technique Book
Dr. Liu will recommend you for Concert Strings or Concert Orchestra based on how you do with this screening.
Students interested in Chamber Strings need to see information on MVHS page and prepare this audition in addition to the regular Freshman placement materials. Please speak with Dr. Liu on Jnuary 29 about your interest in this audition. If Dr. Liu feels you are ready, you will need to play a second audition with the Chamber Strings audition materials for Dr. Liu on February 9 3:30-4:30 pm at MVHS Orchestra Room.